- Key Words: ‘Trump Cards’? Drug companies reportedly balked at White House insistence on sending cash cards to America’s seniorson 19/09/2020
Trade-association leader says industry worried about being used as an election ploy.
- NewsWatch: Want to retire rich? Start by unlearning some conventional wisdomon 19/09/2020
Your bright ideas about investing are actually costing you money
- Deep Dive: It’s time for income-seeking investors to take a fresh look at these 28 utility stockson 19/09/2020
Despite high yields and a record of maintaining and raising dividend payouts, the S&P 500 utilities sector is down this year.
- Top Ten: Weekend reads: Ray Dalio on what business and political leaders must do to keep the U.S. from splinteringon 19/09/2020
Also, an interview with Schwab chief investment strategist Liz Ann Sonders. Plus, attractive locations for retirement living.
- The Conversation: The intense 2020 Atlantic hurricane season used up all the storm names for only the second time since 1950on 19/09/2020
Here’s how active this year’s Atlantic hurricane season has been: When Tropical Storm Wilfred formed on Sept. 18, the National Hurricane Center exhausted its list of storm names for only the second time since naming began in 1950.
- Election: Amy Coney Barrett emerges as Trump’s front-runner to fill Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s Supreme Court seat: reportson 19/09/2020
Judge Amy Coney Barrett of the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals emerged Saturday as a front-running nominee for the Trump administration to fill the Supreme Court seat left vacant by the death Friday of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, according to reports.
- The Moneyist: I moved into my in-laws’ home. My husband wants to pay his parents’ mortgage, but it will come out of my income. How can I protect myself?on 19/09/2020
‘What would happen if I end up paying off their home, and they want to sell it, or my in-laws decide to give their share of the house to my husband’s sister?’
- The Moneyist: My late husband did not see his son in 30 years. Should I mail his son photos and other memorabilia — and risk him making a claim on his estate?on 19/09/2020
‘He did see the son a few times a year for the next several years, but contact stopped during the teen years when his son no longer wanted to come.’
- Two teachers face a difficult choice: One welcomes ‘normalcy,’ while another feels ‘rage.’ COVID-19 has radically altered their feelings about schoolon 19/09/2020
Schools have a lot of different plans, and teachers have varying views on whether they want to get back in the classroom.
- : Just launched: an ETF made for black-swan moments like theseon 16/09/2020
A new exchange-traded fund aims to help investors ride tail risks on both sides of the curve.
- Biden pays tribute to Ginsburg upon return to Delaware from Minnesotaon 19/09/2020
- Biden was chairman of Senate Judiciary Committee when Ginsburg was confirmedon 19/09/2020
- Biden says fastest Supreme Court confirmation ever was 47 days and average is about 70on 19/09/2020
- Election Day is 46 days away as of Fridayon 19/09/2020
- Majority Leader McConnell says Trump nominee to replace Ginsburg will receive Senate voteon 19/09/2020
- Majority of U.S. voters say they'll cast ballots before Election Day: AP-NORCon 19/09/2020
Majority of U.S. voters say they'll cast ballots before Election Day: AP-NORC
- Trump ‘blesses’ proposed Oracle-Walmart deal for TikTok’s U.S. operationson 19/09/2020
Trump ‘blesses’ proposed Oracle-Walmart deal for TikTok’s U.S. operations
- Trump tells GOP to fill Supreme Court vacancy 'without delay'on 19/09/2020
Trump tells GOP to fill Supreme Court vacancy 'without delay'
- McConnell: Trump pick to replace Ginsburg on Supreme Court will get Senate voteon 19/09/2020
McConnell: Trump pick to replace Ginsburg on Supreme Court will get Senate vote
- Trump pick to replace Ginsburg will get Senate vote: McConnellon 19/09/2020
Trump pick to replace Ginsburg will get Senate vote: McConnell