- The Moneyist: My husband watches TV all day while I cook and clean. He has an $8,000 monthly income and a P.O. box to hide his finances. I just found his will — and it left me reelingon 22/02/2020
‘He never leaves his wallet on the table.’
- The Moneyist: ‘My father has lived a life of crime and drugs. He threw away every opportunity we gave him.’ Now that he’s on disability, doesn’t he owe his kids something?on 21/02/2020
‘My siblings and I got him a used car. He drove it off the lot, went for a joyride, and wasn’t heard from for three days.’
- Outstanding auto-loan balances just hit a new record and delinquencies are on the rise — should you be concerned?on 21/02/2020
Nearly $66 billion of the $1.33 trillion in outstanding auto loans were over 90 days delinquent in the fourth quarter of 2019, up from $57 billion for the same period last year.
- The Moneyist: My son told me that I’ve amounted to nothing and he doesn’t want anything to do with me. Should I cut him out of my will?on 21/02/2020
‘He has nothing to do with me or my side of the family.’
- NewsWatch: Here are two charts that show the stock market isn’t anything like that of the dot-com maniaon 21/02/2020
The huge surge in stocks like Tesla, Virgin Galactic and Stamps.com have brought back some trader memories of the heady days of the dot-com boom. But Robert Buckland, a global strategist at Citi, studied stock market distributions to show the market of now is not really that similar to that of the dot-com days.
- Personal Finance Daily: Outstanding auto-loan balances just hit a new record and delinquencies are on the rise and what to make of Morgan Stanley’s acquisition of E-Tradeon 21/02/2020
Friday’s Personal Finance Stories.
- Key Words: Ex-Goldman boss Lloyd Blankfein ‘might find it harder to vote for Bernie’ than for Trumpon 21/02/2020
Lloyd Blankfein’s war of words with Democratic presidential contender Bernie Sanders shows no signs of abating.
- Market Extra: Warren Buffett’s annual letter: Here’s what investors are looking foron 21/02/2020
Warren Buffett’s annual letter to Berkshire Hathaway shareholders will be released Saturday.
- Market Snapshot: U.S. stocks slump, ending two week win streak, led by tech sector as coronavirus worries ratchet higheron 21/02/2020
U.S. stocks slumped Friday, ending a two week win streak, as the spread of the COVID-19 epidemic from China to neighboring countries amplified worries about the impact on supply chains and global economic growth.
- As Mike Bloomberg says he’ll release ex-employees from NDAs, here’s why you should be VERY careful about signing oneon 21/02/2020
The billionaire had clashed with Sen. Elizabeth Warren days earlier on nondisclosure agreements.
- Wells Fargo stock up 1.5% after settlement newson 21/02/2020
- Wells Fargo settles SEC, DOJ probes for $3 billionon 21/02/2020
- For the week, S&P 500 sheds 1.3%, Dow retreats 1.4%, and Nasdaq books 1.6% losson 21/02/2020
- Dow Jones Industrial Average ends around 227 points lower, or 0.8%on 21/02/2020
- S&P 500 down around 1.1%, Nasdaq Composite sheds 1.8%on 21/02/2020
- Wells Fargo settles with SEC and DOJ for $3 billion in fake-account scandalon 21/02/2020
Wells Fargo settles with SEC and DOJ for $3 billion in fake-account scandal
- Stocks tumble Friday, capping a losing week driven by coronavirus fearson 21/02/2020
Stocks tumble Friday, capping a losing week driven by coronavirus fears
- Gold posts biggest weekly gain in 8 months as downbeat economic data fuel demandon 21/02/2020
Gold posts biggest weekly gain in 8 months as downbeat economic data fuel demand
- The 30-year Treasury bond yield has fallen to an all-time low as stocks hit hardon 21/02/2020
The 30-year Treasury bond yield has fallen to an all-time low as stocks hit hard
- Market Pulse: No signs of panicked selling in Friday’s stock-market retreaton 21/02/2020
Market Pulse: No signs of panicked selling in Friday’s stock-market retreat