Profit by speculating on Currency Movements
With Spread Co you can speculate on the movement of currencies – betting that the exchange rate between two currencies rises or falls − to make a profit.
When trading Forex with Spread Co, you’ll enjoy:
- Tight Spreads – 0.8 spreads on UK100 and US30, 1 point spreads on GERMANY30 and NDQ100
- Lower Capital Investment – Spread Betting and CFD margins are typically 5%, so you can leverage your capital up to 20 times. This means you only have to tie up a fraction of what you normally have to when you buy shares.
- Low Financing Charges – No Financing Charge for short Index positions
- 2% on Cash Balances – 2% per annum on any balance in your account, from £10,000 up to £20,000, that’s not being used as margin*
Forex is all about ‘buying’ and ‘selling’ quantities of different currencies. For example, if you place a trade by selling EURUSD, then you are selling euros while buying dollars. You would do this if you think the euro is overvalued compared to the dollar and expect the euro to fall or the dollar to rise in value. If either of these things happen; you make a profit.
38 CURRENCY PAIRS TO CHOOSE FROM
We offer extremely tight spreads on 38 global currency pairs − tradable on our platforms 24 hours a day. Our spreads start from 0.8 pips for EURUSD on spread betting accounts. We also offer tight 1 pip spreads on GBPUSD, EURGBP, AUDUSD and USDJPY.
Trading this way has two key advantages over traditional share dealing:
- Profit when prices rise or fall – when you buy shares in a company, you’ll only profit when the share price rises. With spread betting and CFDs you can speculate that a company’s share price may fall as well as rise.
- Lower capital investment – spread betting and CFD margins are typically 5%, so you can leverage your capital up to 20 times. This means you only have to tie up a fraction of what you normally have to when you buy shares.