24-hour trading availability
- Trade forex on Spread Co’s trading platforms from 10pm on Sunday night through to 10pm the following Friday.
- Never miss out on great trading opportunities.
- 24-hour trading helps cut the risk of ‘price-gapping’.
- This is greatest amount of market liquidity occurs when trading times in multiple time zones overlap.
- Unlike some of our competitors we don’t alter our spreads through the trading day*.
- Ours spreads are always fixed and can be as low as 0.8 for EURUSD.
- Fixed spreads give you more certainty when you close a position in volatile markets.
- Without fixed spreads, you could be forced to close a position when the spread is at its widest.
- With fixed spreads, stop losses and limit orders are less likely to be unnecessarily triggered.
Low cost of entry
- Our intra-day trading costs are included in the spread between the buy and sell price — always there for you to see.
- Forex spreads are generally tighter than for other markets, which makes forex a cost-effective way of investment trading.
- No broker fees or stamp duty1.
Choose long or short
- You can go long (buy) when you think one currency value will rise compared to another, or go short (sell) when you think it will fall.
- You can make a profit no matter which way the market is moving.
- You can take out long and short positions at the same time to help hedge your risks
Leverage your position
- Your initial outlay to trade forex can be many times smaller than the full value of the trade.
- Leverage lets you to trade larger positions than would otherwise be possible which means it can provide greater potential for returns.
- You don’t need to invest a large amount of capital upfront to trade forex.
- Leverage can increase your exposure to potential profit to up to 2001.
- Leverage also means your exposure to potential losses is magnified.
- Forex trading is an active market with daily turnover of around $4 trillion.
- The large number of buyers and sellers gives this market its liquidity.
- The forex market is open 24 hours a day.
- It’s easy to open and close even large positions.
*See market information for more details.